With striking design and lightweight construction, the all-new 2017 Audi Q7 sets a new standard in the luxury SUV segment. The second generation of the seven-passenger SUV also adds benchmark connectivity, infotainment systems and driver assistance technologies.
2017 Audi Q7
The 2017 Q7 introduces Audi’s new SUV design language to both exterior and interior features, debuting an all-new lightweight, multi-material body and chassis. Through a combination of clean and simple lines, and innovative technology, the Q7 interior offers drivers and passengers alike an exceptional driving experience. Expertly-crafted double inlay dash design, available customizable ambient interior LED lighting and available segment-exclusive Bang & Olufsen® 3D Advanced Sound System further enhances the luxury of the interior. The Bang & Olufsen system delivers an impressive, life-like musical experience through 23 speakers including two retractable acoustic lenses all powered by a 23-channel amplifier with an output of 1,920 watts. A Bose 3D Sound System is also available, which includes 19 speakers, a 15-channel amplifier and 558 watts to deliver acoustic accuracy and impact. While the exterior dimensions have remained similar to the outgoing model, the all-new Q7 offers substantially more interior room for passengers with seating for up to seven standard. With exceptionally competent dynamics, driver assistance systems and connectivity, the Q7 sets the benchmark for the luxury SUV segment.
Powertrain and Performance
|Model ||Engine ||Transmission ||Horsepower ||Torque |
|Q7 3.0T quattro® ||3.0 TFSI ||eight-speed Tiptronic® ||333 @ 5,500-6,500 ||325 @ 2,900-5,300 |
Design and Body
The Audi Q7 has a powerful and distinctive presence on the road, through its sculpted body and taunt design lines giving it a striking yet leaner appearance. That leaner appearance translates into an approximate weight reduction of 475 pounds compared to the previous model. Towing capacity has increased to an impressive 7,700 pounds, with optional towing package.
Design and body highlights include:
- Three dimensional Singleframe grille
- LED daytime running lights with arrow design
- Full LED headlights available on Q7 models for the first time
- Aluminum roof rails (includes ESC integration)
- 21’’ Audi Sport 5-twin-spoke design wheels (available)
- Aluminum-optic door blade with quattro script
- LED taillights with double-arrow design
- Integrated twin-trapezoidal exhaust outlets
- Power-adjustable, power-folding, heated exterior side mirrors with memory
- Power tailgate with available hands-free opening and closing function
The all-new Q7 features an improved interior space—with more headroom, legroom and shoulder room in the second and third rows, and seating for seven standard on all models. The interior design represents the ever-higher standard being set by Audi for its premium comfort and technology matched by the brand’s signature fit and finish.
Interior features include:
- Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel (new Q-model design)
- Double inlay dash design similar to those in the Audi A8
- Wing-design wrap-around dashboard with panoramic air vent strip and available four-zone climate control with diffuser vent
- Ergonomically designed gear selector
- Split tumble-folding 35/30/35 second-row seatbacks with fore/aft position and seatback angle adjustments
- Five LATCH child seat mounting points (three pairs of anchors and tethers in second row, two pairs in third row)
- Standard power 50/50 split-folding third-row seats with electric fold and return functions
- Available Luxury package with Valcona leather includes individual contour front seats with ventilation and massage functions, an extended Leather package, Alcantara® headliner and power soft-closing doors
- Standard panoramic sunroof with tilt and sliding features as well as a power sunshade
- Available customizable ambient lighting
- Available adaptive ambient lighting with 900 color combinations
- Standard three-zone automatic and available four-zone automatic climate control systems
Technology and Driver Assistance
The Audi Q7 sets new standards with respect to the latest MMI, infotainment technologies, and driver assistance features:
- Available Audi virtual cockpit features a large, 12.3-inch display that delivers vibrant color at 60 frames per second with NVIDIA® quad core processing power. The virtual cockpit helps make viewing and navigating via the large Google Map images supported with 4G LTE (where available) easier on the drivers’ eyes. It also allows for a better view of the road ahead via the full map display and through its placement directly in front of the driver. The virtual cockpit is fully controllable via the steering wheel as well as the MMI controls on the center console
- Available full-color head-up display, projecting relevant driving information directly in the driver’s field of vision
- In the case of an impending accident, Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes closing the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts, and preparing the brake system for a quicker response during an unexpected or emergency maneuver
- Standard Audi pre sense city detects cornering and stationary vehicles as well as pedestrians, at speeds of up to 52 mph and initiates full braking when a potential collision is detected.
- Available Audi pre sense plus (part of Driver Assistance package) supplements Audi pre sense city with a collision warning, as well as emergency braking up to 137 mph.
- Audi pre sense rear (standard on Premium Plus and Prestige trims) helps monitor the traffic following the vehicle and takes similar actions to Audi pre sense basic.
- Vehicle exit assist can help prevent accidents with a side assist warning light which blinks and notifies the driver when vehicles or cyclists are approaching from behind as the vehicle doors are opened.
- Rear cross traffic alert supports the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space. Indicator arrows in the MMI® display can inform the driver of approaching vehicles, and in critical situations, a warning tone and brake jolt can be applied, prompting the driver to stop the vehicle.
- In the event that a sharp maneuver is needed to avoid a collision, collision avoidance assist supports the driver when turning into the adjacent lane
- Turn assist can assess the risk of oncoming traffic, when making a left-hand turn at an intersection (when the vehicle is stopped or under 7 mph and turn signal is activated)
- Optional Adaptive cruise control with stop & go and traffic jam assist automatically maintains distance from the vehicle in front, including braking and accelerating to help maintain a set distance. Between 0-37 mph, traffic jam assist combines acceleration, braking and steering guidance, which can take the stress out of driving in congested traffic.
- The available Bang & Olufsen® 3D Advanced Sound System option creates a previously unexperienced feeling of spaciousness and audio playback within the vehicle. The interior feels acoustically larger as music can be reproduced in its most original and intended form:
- 23 speakers including Acoustic Lens Technology (ALT)
- 23-channel BeoCore amplifier with ICEpower® technology
- 1,920 watts and 5.1 Surround Sound
- In addition to the traditional MMI® scroll wheel capabilities, MMI all-in-touch (MMI® navigation plus package) adds ‘Menu’ and ‘Back’ functions, two touch keys for horizontal menu control logic, eight storage buttons for radio station presets, and the ability to move the map or zoom in/out using swipe or pinch motions respectively
- Audi drive select includes up to seven modes. Standard drive select includes Comfort, Auto, Dynamic, Offroad and Individual settings. Available air suspension equipped cars also include, an Allroad setting that raises the ride height by 25mm and an Offroad/Lift setting that raises the ride height by 60mm
- Night vision assistant with pedestrian and large animal detection is available for the first time on the Audi Q7
Audi connect packages together all applications that connect the Q7 with the internet, the owner and the surrounding infrastructure.
Supported by available 4G LTE, newly available in-car Audi connect infotainment, security and service features include:
- Audi smartphone integration with Google Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are also available for the first time on an Audi
- Safety and Emergency services, Vehicle Services and Remote Services
- Online roadside assistance
- Automatic Crash Notification (SOS)
- Manual Emergency Call (SOS)
- Stolen Vehicle Locator (SVL)
The Audi connect mobile application has also been updated to support new remote services designed for the US market which including curfew, speed and valet alerts, geofencing, and remote lock and unlock capability.
Chassis and Suspension
The newly developed five-link suspension layout offered on all Q7 models allows for optimized steering rack placement and an extremely compact design enabling a completely flat and lower cargo area at the rear. Handling and comfort enhancements have also been made possible through the reduced unsprung weight of lightweight aluminum control arm components and revised elastokinematic attributes.
Chassis and suspension features include:
- Available Audi adaptive air suspension which enables the various suspension and damping combinations that make up the Audi drive select modes
- Available all-wheel steering offers increased maneuverability at low speeds and more precise steering at higher speeds
- Ventilated front disc/ventilated rear disc brakes
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Offroad and Trailer modes
- Electromechanical speed sensitive power steering
Model year 2017 Q7 starting manufacturer suggested retail prices:
(Excluding destination charge, taxes, title, options and dealer charges)
|Model ||Premium ||Premium Plus ||Prestige |
|Q7 3.0 TFSI quattro® ||$54,800 ||$58,800 ||$64,300 |
Prices above exclude destination charges ($950), taxes, title, optional equipment, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
For more information on the 2017 Audi Q7 please visit www.audiusa.com.
January 04, 2017
Audi and NVIDIA team up to bring fully automated driving to the roads starting in 2020 accelerated with artificial intelligence
Audi announces a partnership with NVIDIA to use artificial intelligence in delivering highly automated vehicles starting in 2020. Deep learning technology will enable skilled handling of real-road complexities, delivering safer automated vehicles earlier. Read More
December 08, 2016
Five Audi models are 2017 IIHS Top Safety Picks
For 2017, five Audi vehicles have earned 2017 Top Safety Pick awards from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Read More
October 18, 2016
2017 Audi Q7 now available with 2.0-liter TFSI® turbo-charged four-cylinder engine
Audi of America today announced the new 2.0-liter TFSI® four-cylinder engine will now be offered on 2017 Audi Q7 models. This new model, when equipped with the 2.0-liter engine, is faster, lighter and more efficient than the previous generation Q7 3.0T V6. Read More