For a second year, we hosted the Audi driving experience, which launched last summer and allows drivers an opportunity to get behind the wheel of an Audi Sport model to try out their performance driving skills on one of the highest profile race tracks, the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) – under professional supervision, of course.
In Austin, Texas, the Audi driving experience offers four programs ranging from half-day, one- or two-day experiences, and a classroom session followed by a hands-on interactive experience.
- Audi Sport discovery experience
- With the guidance of a professional instructor, participants can get an introduction to understanding and practicing key principles of performance driving techniques in the exercise paddocks while behind the wheel of the Audi RS 3 and the TT RS. You’ll then close out the half-day session on the 3.4 miles Grand Prix circuit doing track discovery laps.
- Audi Sport R8 track initiation experience
- During this half-day program, participants can get behind the wheel of the R8 V10 plus on the track itself, and then continue on to practice vehicle control and handling in the TT RS and RS 3 in the highly technical-timed Autocross, slalom course and slick skidpad. All aided by professional instructors.
- Audi Sport R8 track immersion experience
- This one-day program offers the opportunity to get behind the wheel of the R8 V10 plus and discover its full potential on the Formula 1 Circuit. Built around race course sector training, this method allows participants to get to know all of the race track’s segments before tackling the full circuit in its entirety. Participants also get to hone their driving chops in the TT RS and RS 3 with instructors at the Autocross, slalom course and slick skidpad.
- Audi Sport R8 track pro experience
- Following completion of the Audi Sport R8 track initiation experience, participants can qualify for the Audi Sport R8 pro track experience. Designed for true driving enthusiasts, this experience includes training from professional instructors and two days behind the wheel of the R8 V10 plus to further practice performance driving skills on the full racecourse.
At this year's hosted-media program at the Audi driving experience, media had a unique opportunity to drive the all-new R8 RWS for the first time. Check out pictures from the event.